Want to make an impact in Brookings County? Here's your chance to work with dozens of local nonprofits making a change every day. Spend your summer meeting people, learning and doing what you are interested in, and impacting a great community. We're looking for a dedicated individual with strong organizational skills who come to work every day with great energy. We tend to crack a lot of jokes and eat really good treats, so if you think you would be a great addition to our team, apply today! We can't wait to meet you!
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to Heidi Gullickson by February 18th at 5 pm. A stipend is available.
Summer 2019 Intern Job Description
*Applicants can complete the internship for SDSU credit
619 5th Ave
Brookings, SD 57006
Hours of Internship:
Flexible/Dependent on applicant’s requirements for internship fulfillment, limited nights and weekends
Heidi Gullickson, Executive Director
The Brookings Area United Way is the leading nonprofit community fundraising organization. United Way advances the common good by creating opportunities for a better life for all. Our focus is on education, incomeand health – the building blocks for a good quality of life. Brookings Area United Way conducts a community wide fundraising campaign each year. These funds are allocated to 40+ nonprofit agencies in the area to help address crisis and food insecurity issues, emergency and financial needs, and educational opportunities.
Job Duties include but not limited to:
- Assist in coordination of internally run programs such as Dolly Parton Imagination Library, Familywize Prescription Discount Program and Delta Dental Mobile Program.
Include all forms of communication such as: website, social media, newsletter. Increase awareness of programs and run onsite coordination.
- Update Brookings Area United Way website and social media accounts.
- Represent Brookings Area United Way at various summer fairs and events which would include weekend hours. This would include set up of tables and booths.
- Create articles on topics, such as a nonprofit “lifestyle blog”, related to the work of Brookings Area United Way
- Special event Coordination: Downtown @ Sundown: 7-week concert series. Coordinate agencies, set up booth and tent, represent the BAUW, and tear down the booth. Includes nights until 9:30pm
- Special Event Coordination: Brookings Downtown Crazy Dayz. One Saturday in June; PR event using prizes and giveaways to engage passers-by about our brand. Set up table and booth, represent BAUW, and tear down the booth.
- Special Event Coordination: Farmer’s Market. Dependent on theme days chosen (could be up to three Saturday mornings). Set up booth and tent. Represent the BAUW and tear down the booth.
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter by February 18th at 5pm to email@example.com.